|8th Radio Research Field Station
"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you."
SEARCH | GUESTBOOK: SIGN: | VIEW: | OLD GUESTBOOK | 8thGROUP | JOIN LISTSERVE!
JOKE of the ...whatever from Mike Healy.
( INTERIM TICKLER) Okay, where are all the new entries??? Let's go! Go buy a scanner, they're cheap these days! Scan some pictures and send'em in. Havent had anything new since I can't remember (thats over a month, duh...). I do appreciate all the guys who are signing the guestbook though. Check'em out! The numbers are up in that area. </RANT>
3rd RRU? 8thRRU? 8thRRFS, whaaaaaa? -- Unit Designators
|RECVD THISTA:12092004-03:22Z||Skip Buran a 72B gone wrong.|
|RECVD THISTA:01012004-23:59Z||John Markowski's stuff.|
|RECVD THISTA:01012004-23:59Z||Bob Newbury has some Tet'68 pics and other cool stuff.|
|RECVD THISTA:10222003-15:30Z||The mysterious Noah Bragg represents himself in grand style...1970 Danang, Phu Bai, QuangTri, ChuLai.|
|RECVD THISTA:10162003-14:56Z||Shawn Moseley sent in a bunch of pics taken by his father, Bob Moseley.|
|RECVD THISTA:08242003-06:31Z||Wayne Ripley, Inspections?; "Believe It Or Not".|
|RECVD THISTA:07292003-14:56Z||Terry Stanfill, is in with some pics from high atop Hill180.|
· The M-69-TIV used by the "Fighting 509th".
· 3rd RRU Patch from Gerry Dewald
· Lon Ludwig's 3rdRRU Det"J" - 8th RRFS · If you want to find out more about the early daze check out Old Spooks and Spies.org .
|· Anyone remember Eddie Cantrell [ 64-65 ]???.|
|· Phu Bai in '65 ...some pics by Bob Redding.||
· Mike Healy's in with some pics from the early daze.
· Mike Hammel's 8thRRU
· Steve Arrowood is looking for "Scottie". I think he lost him in the EM Club in 67 or 68.
· USO Show '67 also from John Teti, Tria Back Tiger Talk, Thanksgiving Edition, '67.
· Tim Boyd
, he never asked to be ASA. But, then who did?
· Pics of the 8th from John Hatcher who was TDY from the 265th in 68.
· Great pictures from Danny Owen ...with a link to the siren.wav file from the night A-Row blowed up good...more great pictures from Danny. Here's some more pictures Danny sent me.
· Owen & Rucker & The EM Club
· Danny, Certified GRUNT
· Pics of the 8th from John Braun. [ FSB Berchtesgaden ]
· More pics from John Braun. Even more pics from John. ..and yet even more pics from John Braun.
· Ray Macek sent along some pics. (20 of 'em)
· Bobby Bates sends along some of his recollections of the 8thRRFS around the time of TET'68.
· Thom Pettigrew, Tet '68 pics. Melted chunk of A-Row, bomb crater...
· Got some TET'68 pics from Steve Mitchell.
· Steve Head's Guard Duty Story
· Tony Oliver pics...It's a THEN&NOW thing Vern... with his son.
· Some more pics from Tony O... more pics of Tony O...
· John Boothby in with a couple pics from 68.
· Dennis Mitchell with proof of a rocket attack in 69 and a great aerial photo of the 8th.
· The .50 Cal Team patch, SIG MAINT from BUCK BUCHANAN, the old buckeroo. The 372ndRRC Reunion
· CW4 Jack Holterman shares some great pics.
· Ray Shell's Phu Bai.
· Some pics from Dan Shapiro.
· David Mhoon with more of the 265thRRC.
· David has even more pics
· Roger Blake jumps on the bandwagon with a couple pics '68-69
· Long time contributor to the Foo Bye pages Roger Blake sends some pics from an EM Club show in '69.
· Roger Blake's Rat Story
· Some pics by the late great Art Dore sent to us via Roger Blake by Art's brother.
· Ralph Carlson, in with some pics. ...more Ralph pics.
· Walt White and the 265thRRC's Bar and Grille.
· Another 72B from my era 70-71 has been located. Harvey Dize (Dizzy we used to call'm)
· More of Curt's 72B buddies.
· Gary Snover, by request, Crypto Mech and The Rat Pack.
· Ron Waldron takes us on a trip up north starting with a panoramic view of the stuff around the 8th and then proceding north by jeep closer and closer to the DMZ.
· Banter from Curt ...about how easy we had it.
· Sign at the back gate: CONTROLLED ACCESS POST
· Dave Meyers does a THEN & NOW thing.
· John Korthauers pics.
· Ed Rose [ The Squid ] has blessed us with a whole mess of pics.
· Delta Squad, Trai Bac Power and Light - 71-72.
· William Hawkins, MP, has done this MAP. The most concise I've ever seen.
· "Tour The 8th RRFS" -- Curt's pics.
· Tom ( the squid )Hogan's aerial views of the 8th.
- more pics from the Squid.
· Chris Kreymann sends in some pics from 71-72.
· Mac Tippins in again with some awesome pics. Sort of an ARDF guys take on the ASA in RVN.
· Tom Kelly sends us some pics of the 8th and the 407th.
· Chris Mecke and his roommates.
· Duke and Charlie --A mushy story, just right for the times.
· Some 71-72 pics from Sam Ford
· Anyone remember Bill Stackhouse? John McBreen, his son, wants to know.
· Tom Lamonde has his own 8th RRFS page.
· John McBreen sends along some pics his father, Bill Stackhouse took while at the 8th in 72.
· Rich Bort (base photographer) sends us a whole bunch of coolpics
· Pat Grover sends in some extremely sensitive and artistic black and whites.
· Trai Bac Station Badge from James Chastain.
· Rick Foster sends along an article from the HALLMARK The Mortar Platoon Rick's pics.
· Mike Hughes, there 'til the bitter end.
|Related Links||Stoopid Curt Stuff|
· Kim Willits, has his own 3rdRRUDet"J" web site. Check it out!
· Doug Kibbey, a scout, who was in and around Foo Bye, sends us some pics.
· Billy Haynes out in the boonies with the 101st. · Ross Evans returns to Nam - 2001.
· Bill Haynes chapel in honor of the guys he served with.
· Ray Macek's Pilgrimage to the 8th, Aug. 1998.
· Bill Haynes chapel in honor of the guys he served with. ...and its almost finished.
· The Wall Page
· Sons & Daughters In Touch ...they wash "The Wall" on Fathers Day. *snif*
· Found this story by Dirck Halstead a journalist who was there in Saigon at the fall.
· Some Phu Bai pics from Mike McGinn 5th Trans Battallion -- Helicopter repair.
· Eric Cook's pics of the 138th AVN guys.
· THIS JUST IN:... a feature propogated by: Mac Tippins.
· The Doomsday Clock and The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists.
· Country Joe Lives!
· Bob Minott's 72B site.Bob says, his girlfriend was the prettiest girl in Viet Nam, I think he's right...
· A memorial to my cousin, Jeff.
· more stoopid curt stuff.
· A graph I made of GI's who were killed from 63-73...enjoy!
· Curt here with more silliness.
· In response to an EMial I recently received..Cleek!
· A warm Christmas message from Vern. [ 12-26-2000 ]
· Vern Greunke in his 8th RRFS T-Shirt
· MUD ...or was it? Picture by: Jerry Mohn, Blather mine
· "THEN and NOW".
· The ASA in the First World War.
· Poster Idea
· A BLAST FROM THE DISTANT PAST
|The ASA Homepage...it's not just for Viet Nam Vets, but for all ASA'ers.||If you'd like to help support the 8thRRFS web site, please send what you can by clicking on the PayPal button. As PayPal says, "It's fast, free and secure!"|
|We've won an award!|
The Phu Bai page is a member of the